My Chemical fOrum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

new intevew

2 participants
AuteurMessage
melle-punk's-love
Satan Angel
Satan Angel
melle-punk's-love

Féminin
Localisation : 83600 chenge de sOnneri cOmme tu le sens cOnneri de pub !!
Emploi : AmOureuse de suchi prOffesiOnelle :D
Loisirs : Faire des bizu a ma zumelle !

new intevew Empty
MessageSujet: new intevew   new intevew EmptyDim 27 Aoû - 9:47

New Emo Goth Danger? My Chemical Romance confront tabloid criticism
Artists: My Chemical Romance
Today should, really, be a day off for New Jersey quintet My Chemical Romance: the night before they played Hammersmith Palais, tomorrow theyll play second-fiddle to Muses ambitious prog-rock in Edinburgh before then entertaining muddied attendees at the Reading and Leeds festivals. But theres no rest to be had: a new albums on the horizon, and theres press to attend to. For an entire day.

Gerard Way the bands vocalist, whose glossy black locks have now been shorn, almost military style, and bleached white-blonde yawns after only five minutes in DiSs company. He apologies immediately, explaining that the bands promotional work began at 10.15 in the morning. Its now gone eight-thirty in the evening. His bandmates sit around him in a west London hotel room: Gerards brother, bassist Mickey Way, remains silent throughout, and drummer Bob Bryar curls up on a sofa, visually shattered. Only guitarists Frank Iero and Ray Toro can muster enough energy to occasionally contribute to the bands final interview of the day, one that arrives on the back of an afternoon spent talking to the German rock press.

Its the record of our dreams, says Gerard of My Chemical Romances third album, The Black Parade, due for release in October. The titles been a badly-kept secret for weeks. Its a record that you want to sit down with you want to listen to the entire thing. Conceptually, I believe, weve finally hit what we wanted even with what we got to say with the record, its what we wanted to say.

Something that the band repeatedly stresses during DiSs allocated time is their desire to bring theatrics back into rock music. Its something they dabble with on stage at the Hammersmith show an announcement is made prior to their performance, saying that MCR will not play; instead, theyll be replaced by The Black Parade. The kids in the crowd, of course, knew what was up.

---
"Theres a pageantry to rock thats been missing,
and thats the ambition on the new record."
---

We did it with full knowledge that when the announcement was being made, the kids would kind of know what the deal was, says Gerard. There was a little bit of theatre to it, yeah. You listen to this new record, and theres that kind of ambition on it its the ambition of hopefully bringing rock to that place where its majestic again, where its theatrical again. Theres a pageantry to rock thats been missing, and thats the ambition on the new record.

DiS gets to hear half-a-dozen or so songs from The Black Parade prior to our rendezvous with the group. Where it does improve upon its predecessor, 2004s breakthrough release Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, is in its coherency and flow songs fade in and out of each other, with a specific narrative running the records length. Youd call it a concept record, progressive even, but thatd be potentially misleading: it still sounds like a massively commercial rock record, one that owes more to Queen than any contemporary emo act.

I dont think its ever a conscious decision to write mainstream songs, says Gerard. In fact, I think some of the structure is the opposite of mainstream structure, but the idea was to directly affect people in a larger way, in a more direct way. That was the objective with this record we wanted to cross over to, like, many people, so that this affects lives, lots of lives.

There are strings and horns and a marching band on the new album, continues the singer. We got a big toy box, and got to do what we want. We got everything in our arsenal that we wanted, but luckily weve a sense about ourselves that stops us being self-indulgent, so we used just enough well, thats what I feel. We went a little over the top, but never to the point of boring people, I think.

The proof, of course, will be in the proverbial pudding. For the first time in their history, My Chemical Romance will release a single prior to its parent album: Welcome to the Black Parade is the taster in question, and its video led to an incident that was widely misreported across the music press.

Gerard laughs, rocking his head back onto the sofa weve not even said burns or car crash yet (click to see how DiS got it wrong, too). The internet can actually work against you, says the singer My Chemical Romance were one of the first bands to really benefit from internet coverage prior to their signing with a label, major or otherwise. The minute you dont want to talk fully about something say you have to cancel a show then all of a sudden the internet answers it for you.

---
We get a lot of young kids at our shows,
and when theres a rush, little kids will fall."
---

The reason we didnt want to talk about it was because we were filming a video, he continues, which goes back to that secrecy thing. So all we could say was, Hey, were hurt. And then suddenly were in a car accident? We were just filming two videos, back to back, and the second was really intense and involved lots of fire, and a couple of guys got hurt. We tried, against doctors orders, to rehearse for our Street Scene show in San Diego, but the hospital said, You shouldnt be walking, the two of you. So we wrapped that up and went to Japan, and we were okay for the most part.

The injured individuals drummer Bryar (suffered burns to his legs) and Gerard himself (torn ankle ligaments) seem well enough now, but the cancelling of their Street Scene Festival appearance meant that they missed witnessing a crush during Tools headline set. Some fifteen people were injured in the incident, which DiS reported here. We get a lot of young kids at our shows, and when theres a rush of kids, little kids will fall, says Iero. Weve had that hardcore education, but these kids havent, and we try to tell them that once we know where its likely to happen to get out of there, as people are gonna fall into them and over them.

Gerards suddenly giving the matter his absolute attention. Thats a good point, as were very experienced in that kind of situation, he says, leaning forward and out of his relaxed, lounging position. We were schooled, basically, on Warped Tour, and were very observant about that stuff. We stop songs in a heartbeat it doesnt matter to us, as if we kill the momentum we know how to get back into stuff. Were good at it now, actually. You have to work with the security, and the second you see a large hole open, thats when the crushing will start, and you have to pay attention to that hole. If it doesnt fill up with people again, as in people standing up, then we have to stop. So you have to be very conscious of that. A lot of bands dont know what to do theyre like, Whatever, it happens, lets keep playing but you should stop. You need a really good security team, but the kids will also communicate with me, and youre able to read mouths and see if people are panicking.

The bands young audience is a concern to know-nothing sorts whove been campaigning against the alleged persuasive nature of rock music for what feels like forever. Only recently, in August 2006, The Daily Mail ran an article warning parents of the New Emo Goth Danger those are exact words they used, and the piece can be read online here. One of only three bands mentioned in the piece bands that apparently encourage behaviour such as self-harm was My Chemical Romance. Gerard doesnt know whether to laugh out loud or cry silently to himself.

---
"Papers like that will never do their homework, but it is kind of funny to call it emo death cult, or whatever it was called."
---

The funny thing is that Ive met more kids that have stopped self-harming because of us, than anything, he says, his face masked with absolute seriousness. Thats the case with most of the kids I meet, especially in the UK, so I guess it is some sort of epidemic. Most of the kids that I meet, that say thank you, are kids that used to self-harm. Kerrang! was involved, as one of their readers wrote in about it, and I ended up having a very personal discussion with this girl. I noticed she had all these cuts, and it really bummed me out, and I was hoping that she didnt feel that she needed to do that in order to come to the show. And I ended up meeting the girl and her mother the mother had written a letter to Kerrang! and she said because of the band shes now stopped doing that. Papers like that will never do their homework, but it is kind of funny to call it emo death cult, or whatever it was called. New Emo Goth Danger?

Iero cackles: Ha! I like that! Thats the title of the next album, New Emo Goth Danger!

The matter raises a final point, though. My Chemical Romance are superstars nowadays, playing to thousands of kids and we do mean kids at each and every show they play. They must come in for a lot of stick from right-wingers who havent taken the time to realise that the bands fantasy-horror lyrics are just that: fantasy. The music's immediate and the lyrics fun: there are no hidden messages calling for kids the world over to scratch their best friend's eyes out. Sure, the five-piece have posed for photo shoots covered in fake blood, playing-dead models lying at their feet, but that doesnt make them a bad influence. They just like, as has already been mentioned, playing it up, theatrically.

We live in a very sick bubble, made of concrete and bullet-proof casing, says Gerard. If you acknowledged all the ignorant stuff you heard, youd never sleep, wed never sleep. Thered be no time. I gotta say Im not a fan of that Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back movie, but it has one of the best scenes Ive ever seen. They literally go around to peoples houses that have talked shit about them on the internet and give it back to them. Its the coolest thing in the world.

Bloggers of the world beware: My Chemical Romance have your name, your number, and now theyve quite probably got the money to order a hit. Or at least arrange for someone to unplug your broadband connection.

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://Melle-Punks-lOve.skyblog.com
Lau_McrFan
Legende Morte
Legende Morte
Lau_McrFan

Féminin
Localisation : Dans ma bulle MCr...me protegeant et m'eloignant des incultes ...
Emploi : Lycenne

new intevew Empty
MessageSujet: Re: new intevew   new intevew EmptyDim 27 Aoû - 13:00

Rah zadore lire ce genre de truc ^^

Malade datendre ,zveu vite ke ca sorte ce tt new album !!! ^^
http://LifeOnMcrScene.skyblog.com
melle-punk's-love
Satan Angel
Satan Angel
melle-punk's-love

Féminin
Localisation : 83600 chenge de sOnneri cOmme tu le sens cOnneri de pub !!
Emploi : AmOureuse de suchi prOffesiOnelle :D
Loisirs : Faire des bizu a ma zumelle !

new intevew Empty
MessageSujet: Re: new intevew   new intevew EmptyDim 27 Aoû - 14:34

ta tou conpri psk po moi XD
http://Melle-Punks-lOve.skyblog.com
Lau_McrFan
Legende Morte
Legende Morte
Lau_McrFan

Féminin
Localisation : Dans ma bulle MCr...me protegeant et m'eloignant des incultes ...
Emploi : Lycenne

new intevew Empty
MessageSujet: Re: new intevew   new intevew EmptyDim 27 Aoû - 15:27

Jeté sur ke talé me dire ca !
Promis jte metré une explik plu tar ^^
http://LifeOnMcrScene.skyblog.com
Contenu sponsorisé

new intevew Empty
MessageSujet: Re: new intevew   new intevew Empty

new intevew